Westminster Larger Catechism Manuscript Transcriptions
Click and hold to pause and move.
I am delighted to commend to you Chris Coldwell’s labor of love in the transcribing and editing of these recently rediscovered manuscripts of the Westminster Larger Catechism. — J. Ligon Duncan.
… students of the [Westminster] assembly can thank Chris Coldwell for these carefully produced transcriptions of the two surviving manuscripts of the Larger catechism. Chris has been untiring—and remarkably successful—in his efforts to further and foster new research in the post-Reformation period. His own productions have found their way into the hands of more than one thankful historian in Cambridge, and into many libraries around the world. This elegant new production of a much-neglected theological text is a most welcome addition to a quickly-growing assembly corpus. — Chad Van Dixhoorn, Ph.D.
The Larger Catechism of the Westminster Assembly: A Transcription of the Surviving Manuscripts with Notes. 6×9. 140 pages. Limited printing, 260 copies.
Transcribed and Edited by Chris Coldwell.
Forewords by J. Ligon Duncan, Ph.D. and Chad B. Van Dixhoorn, Ph.D.
- Foreword by Dr. J. Ligon Duncan III
- Foreword: The Catechism Manuscripts Rediscovered by Dr. Chad B. Van Dixhoorn
- Introduction by Chris Coldwell
- Larger Catechism Transcriptions of the two surviving MS presented on facing pages for comparison with notes on variants and variations from the printed text as it has come down through the many printings of the Westminster Standards.
- Some Variations of Note
- S. W. Carruthers’ True Text of the Larger Catechism
- Authors’ and Slipcover copies have an additional 8 page signed limitation section
The Larger Catechism of the Westminster Assembly: A Transcription of the Surviving Manuscripts with Notes has been typeset in Rialto and Rialto Pressa typefaces, and printed letter press on Mohawk Superfine paper by Digital Letterpress, Austin, Texas, in a regular edition of not more than 225 copies, including 50 in a deluxe hand bound edition, and an additional 35 in numbered editions of 10 author’s copies in clamshell case (lettered A1 to A10) and 25 in slipcase (lettered B1 to B25), signed by the writers (in an additional 8 page section), printed on Somerset Book paper and hand bound by Cloverleaf Studio. Calligraphy by Jerry Kelly.
- Regular edition, printed on Mohawk Superfine paper, bound in library buckram. $65. Sale $50.*
- Deluxe edition, printed on Mohawk Superfine, hand bound in Japanese bookcloth. $225. Sale $125.*
- Slip case edition, 25 copies lettered B1-B25, signed, printed on Somerset Book mold made paper, hand bound in Japanese bookcloth and quarter leather, with matching cloth slipcase. 15 copies available. $750. Sale $495.*
- Author’s edition, 10 copies lettered A1-A10, signed, printed on Somerset Book mold made paper, hand bound in Japanese bookcloth and leather spine and corners, matching cloth clamshell case, leather labels. All copies of this edition are sold. $1500. Sale $995.*
- See the Online Catalog for ordering.
*Sale pricing good through November 6, 2009. Postage extra.